Monday, August 17, 2009

Reflections

As I read a friends blog today about happiness I had to sit and think for a few minutes about my life. I am so very different than this person but at the same time all of her statements hold true for me, if that makes sense. I know that I complain a lot about certain things but deep down I really wouldn't change my life at all. It makes me really happy to be able to say that because Mat and I have been through some hard life lessons but we made it through them together and we're still as strong as ever if not stronger. We did wait 6 years to have Rees and that to me made sense for us. I have just came to a place in life were I'm truly happy with life. I know that not every day is going to go smoothly and the lifestyle that we choose to live might not be desirable to a lot of people but it works so well for us. There are days that I just sit on the couch and miss the shit out of Mat, like today he left at 5am and got home at 9pm. At the job site all day. But ya know what it makes our next day off together so much more precious. I just am so thankful that we are in a good place, we live with love and respect for each other and we would both do anything and everything that we can for our son. Another wonderful thing that we share is our parenting outlook. We have the same goals for Rees' future and I can't image that being any other way. Being a parent is the most important job we will ever be given but it's a road that is much more rewarding when traveled together. I am just so stinkin proud of Mat for finishing up the school it's made me mushy! LOL, anyone that knows me well know that that emotion does not come out frequently :)

REES UPDATE: After he got up from his nap he was feeling much better. We went to the Patty & Maurices for dinner and he filled his little belly with spaghetti, green beans and strawberries. He ate soooo much and he was in a great mood after that. He loved all over his great grandma Mary and was a perfect little angel. I am so glad to have him back in good humor. Wow that was so stressful. It's amazing to me how I can go run a store & restaurant and deal with 13 woman and all their problems on a daily basis and be fine but a One year old defeats me. I am being a bit dramatic but I'm sure other moms can feel my pain! Thanks for all the pick me ups from you girls They were greatly appreciated!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment