Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Everyone told me it would fly by

I was so nervous when I brought Rees home. I had never changed a diaper before, made a bottle, burped a baby nothing. I don't know what I would have done without my mom. She stayed with us and nurtured all of us into becoming a functioning three person family. At that time it really felt like infant stage was never ending. The sleep depression played a huge role in that I'm sure but things seemed to go by slowly when he was little because he really didn't move around or do anything. But all my friends said it flies by and he will be a big boy in not time, well it's here and I have no idea how it happened so quickly. I can't believe it has only been 17 months ago when I brought my little angel home. And in that short time period he has learned how to walk, eat with a spoon, open absolutely everything he can get his hands on, put the correct key in the front door lock, beat Bernie up, and the list goes on and on. It's so mind blowing the amount of knowledge babies acquire in such a short period of time. I am making a hard bound book of Rees' first year and I am sifting through all my pictures and just cannot believe how tiny he was and quickly it all changed. I am such a sap this week with all this reflection junk! But, I am really enjoying reading his baby book and remembering little things that where so huge at the time now it just seems like it was so long ago and we are moving so quickly. Look . . .


He is such an adorable little turd. (He was showing me his teeth)

post signature

1 comments:

Jesse maynard said...

Amy you and Matt have raised a beautiful or i probably should say handsome little man. For not knowing much when you brought him home you seem to have caught on quickly. My only thought that springs to my head is dont take it for granted and enjoy every minute of it because it does go quick, and never wish he was older.You and Matt are doing the most important job that you will ever partake in. I wish i would not have took mine for granted cause deep down i could have raised taylor so much better than her mother, however it dont always work out and ill probably blog about it sometime. here i have sabatoged your blog now, just my thoughts.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment