Sunday, July 5, 2009

Inspired

So I have been feeling nostalgic this weekend so I have been reading through Rees' baby books. I can't believe how big of a boy his is in such a short period of time, things just fly bye seems like there is very little time to appreciate the little things. That's my "mid-year" resolution, might as well make one the new years resolution sure didn't work :( but I want to take a step back from things for a little while this summer and just enjoy my time with Rees. Before long he's going to be talking and grow even more independent, which I am having a hard time with to my surprise. I can't believe he won't even let me feed him anymore Aghhhh!!!!! I need to slow things down a bit and go back to my roots....SCRAPBOOKING! I love the whole documentation aspect of it but it's such a creative outlet which is what my whole life is about. I try to find creative ways to do absolutely everything like gardening, photography, picture editing, card making, cooking, entertaining you name it and I try my hardest to make it "my own" with my creativeness. I really think that's why I have fell head over heals in love with photography and editing because it lets me share my creativeness with others. But, in terms of working (Korner & Photography) I really want to step back for the summer and make it all about the family. His childhood is slipping by so quickly and that's the only thing that really matters to me. I can try and perfect my craft slowly and use Rees as my muse! LOL, we all know that will be a challenge! I have a 1 year old cake smash on Wed. and Senior pictures for a guy next weekend and after that I think I'm going to take a break. We'll see how that works out for me. It truly is a challenge for me to "sit idol" I love to know that I have something to do after Rees goes down for bed or is taking a nap but that also comes with the down side of deadlines for getting pictures ready for proofing and submitting orders and packaging for people so as much as I love it it really does take up a lot of time. So for the next few months I think I'll just do family and friends that are understanding of my plan.

But, back to my roots thing as I was looking through his baby books (which I put together 12x12 scrapbook pages of) I noticed that around X-mas time they started to dwindle down and ended in March. I haven't scrapped since! I can't believe that I really thought I would scrap for the rest of my life at least once a week. And now that I actually have something that is meaningful to scrapbook I quit doing it??? I'm crazy. I really want Rees to have these when he gets older to know how he was raised and how much we love and adore him. So that is part of my break and something that will definitely give me something to do during nap time (I could be cleaning house but what fun is that:) I got a start on this weekend...

.



post signature

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you sounds like a great idea!!!! They grow so fast!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment