Monday, July 6, 2009

A great resource

Does anyone want to learn how to make scrapbook pages, picture collages, enhance your photos or anything else that you can dream up? Photoshop Elements is the program you need. This is the "baby" version of Photoshop and it costs like $139 compared to $800 for the full version. Which is on my DREAM list (I'm likely never going to own it) but elements works so well that I'm content with it. It is difficult to learn at first but once you gain the basic knowledge of how the platform works it's like building blocks. There is still a lot I don't know but it's fun to play around and figure new things out as I go. This is the program I use to edit all my pictures and I build my collages and scrapbook pages with it too. You can download it for free right HERE. I think it's well worth the effort to at least download the free version and try it out. I use it to design my blog headers and paper for the sides it's so useful! I have found so many fabulous resources that I have learned so much from that I thought I would share a few. So first go dl the program then check out these websites.

  1. Misty Cato...lots of beginner stuff to get you started.
  2. Digi Photography for moms... lots of tutorials for actions (you'll learn that a little later on)
  3. Of course good ol' Youtube for vidoe tutorials
  4. Coffee Shop One of my very favorite websites that I visit everyday.
So I hope this gets someone started to understanding the program and taking advantage of all the useful things you can do with it. I get asked a lot about how I do things and this program is the backbone of everything that I create so if anyone has any interest in tutorials or free actions, etc. let me know and I would be happy to share!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment