Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thank you, thank you thank you!

I cannot explain how appreciative I am for all the support and love we have received from so many people concerning Rees' well being. It is just amazing to think how many people care about him, he is such a lucky little man. We are very happy to report that he is 100% back in action now and just to confirm it I have included photos...


Lovin up on Auntie Abby since he has missed her for a week!


The totally Awesome rainboots that he has been sportin ALL DAY!!! He cries until I just
break down and let him wear them, who knew Independence started this early? I thought
I could control his fashion until he was at least in sixth grade :) ***Can you believe how tall he is getting???


And his new favorite thing his big ol' hairy ball. It's especially good for tormenting Bernie with since the dog is scared to death of it!

*******************************************************************

Now to the problem of the week. Tantrum throwing??? How in the world do you stop it? Ever since we came home from the hospital he has been wild. On the drop of a dime he will hit, slap, SCREAM, and dare I say it...spit. I can't believe this is my baby. It is all happening at once and he has his mama's hot temper so needless to say we really butt heads. But in all seriousness I really need some tips on controlling this. I just can't deal with it I have to stop it before he gets used to acting like this. Time outs do work for him I mean he sits there without getting up but 10 minutes later he is hitting again? So I guess they really don't work for him. When I spank (which I am a supporter of, I think kids need that sometimes) but when I try to spank him he hits me back, I mean really tries to hit me hard and he is such a little tough guy he isn't an easier crier and I can't whale on him he is still too little for that (in my opinion) and lastly "reasoning" with an 18 month old? I do try but I just don't think he gets it, or at least that's what I tell myself. I know it's a phase because he has such a big heart and when he hits he knows it's wrong and shortly comes back to hug and kiss but still, I just want to break it now! Does anyone know of any good books on the subject or any other good tactics to try?

But asides form all that fun stuff Rees is thriving. He is cutting another tooth Yeah!!! Could have something to do with all the rage. Well I'm going to go catch up on all the great sitcoms tonight I soooo love my tivo! What was life like when we were forced to watch commercials?

post signature

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy I am not so sure this is good advice but i have a stubborn one to! When Lilee starts throwing those tantrums. I just go over and pick her and take her straight to her room and sit her on her bed and leave. She hates when i close the door. Because I dont know about rees but you cant talk to lilee when she is in a tantrum. She will scream and have her fit then about 5 minutes later she will come out and say ok I am better!!! Then I talk to about how she was acting. She is just so stubborn!!!! Sarah Polcyn

Post a Comment

Post a Comment