Sunday, December 27, 2009

Santa could have just left me coal, but instead....

Okay so let's start on Christmas Eve. We were with Mat's side of the family and we had a great evening. Rees had a wonderful time and really got into it. We came home went to bed in anticipation of Santa visiting us, but I must have been really really bad this year because I got another visitor... A VIRUS of some sort. Oh my gosh it was terrible. I threw up all night along with a few other details that we won't discuss. Rees woke up at 6:00 and he was throwing up too. So needless to say we had to postpone Christmas day until Saturday. We were a sickly bunch, it was really sad. On Saturday we went to my mom and dad's and did our usual thing which is so fun. I was still really run down and exhausted, and I couldn't eat my dad's prime rib so that really stunk, but we had a wonderful day. Then last night Mat woke up about 1:00ish and said "here we go again" and he came down with it. So today he is really dragging around. It is a terrible sickness and I hope everyone else can avoid it! So our holiday wasn't ideal, but it was the best it could be under the circumstances. Out of all of Rees' gifts that he got guess what his fav was??? A set of 6 chapsticks that I put into his stocking. Isn't that funny? He is in that stage of doing everything that we do so he is really into the chap stick thing right now because Mat always has one is his pocket. He carries all six sticks in his hand at all times. Yesterday I found one stuffed down his diaper, he didn't have any pockets in his pants so I guess that was the next best thing :) Such a resourceful young man! That was our holiday. I am hoping that New Years won't be as eventful. I can't wait for Monday to come so we can get back to our normal routine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment