Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cookie Mania

I think I set a record this year for the most cookies I have ever baked in a Christmas season. I think I (and my sister) baked somewhere in the vicinity of 25 dozen cookies. About 10 different varieties and to add to the list we made fudge, buckeyes and chocolate covered cherries. I have been  baking for four days. I'm glad I got finished but I gotta say I enjoyed every minute of it. I found some amazing new recipes this year that I'm going to post in a day or two. So Christmas season is in full swing and before we know it it will be long gone for another year. I'm 99% finished shopping (I'm positive I'll find some last minute goodies that I can't live without) we (Mat and I) ventured to Cincinnati on Sunday and we had a great day. I have never been there specifically for shopping but it's my new favorite place to shop. I love there, much better than Columbus. IKEA is my new favorite house store. It took us about three hours to make it through their showroom, shopping area and of course their cafe. They even provide child care at that store. I got some super cool gifts this year and I'm so excited to give them. Know what I mean. I'm just really excited to see peoples surprise when they open them. Now that Rees is old enough to enjoy it I'm super excited about Christmas again!!! Off to package some cookies, I'll be back soon with the yummy recipes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me happy that you and Abby are so close. You dont know how lucky you are! I hope guys have a wonderful Christmas!!! I Rees tears the packages up this year!! Merry Christmas Amy PS You have to make the blackberry cobbler in the Pioneer woman cookbook!!! SARAH

Post a Comment

Post a Comment