Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bernie is starting to show his age

This is Bernie the 8 year old Shetland Sheepdog that Mat and I purchased a month after we got married.


Isn't he beautiful? Please overlook the dreadful hair cut he got from our new Petland store in town. We will not be going back there! We were laying on the couch the other day and I was petting him and I just suddenly noticed how he is starting to show his age. He is and always has been severely overweight (by about 40lbs) but now I see grey starting to come out in his beautiful coat. He is such a phenomenal dog. Bernie has truly been our best buddy. Rees can do anything to Bernie and we never have to worry about Bernie biting or anything of that nature. Sad to say after Bernie we will be a pet free household.  I never thought I would feel that way,but Rees keeps me busy enough animals require so much time and I just don't have that to spare! But Bernie is such a great dog and he is a huge part of our family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment